Sunday, February 11, 2018

"Rapunzel's Guide to All Things Brave, Creative, and Fun" by Suzanne Francis, Illustrated by Enric Prat

This is an adorable, entertaining, and informative little book.  I picked it up on a whim at the bookstore, and when I was only halfway through it, I decided I liked it so much, I gave a copy to the young daughters of one of my friends because I knew they would find it fun too.

The whole book is narrated by Rapunzel, as if she's chattily telling you how to do things she enjoys.  Art, writing, games, outdoor activities, even Self Defense with a Frying Pan are all covered here.  My almost-8-year-old is very happy that I've finally finished reading this because she is eager to get her own hands on it :-)  But I think my 10-year-old son is going to get a kick out of it too!  Things like chess and sword-fighting and knot-tying get just as much time as hairstyles and pottery and good manners. 

If you've got a youngster in your life who loves to learn how to do new things for themselves, I totally recommend this book.  Plus, the illustrations are adorable.  And there are lots of Eugene :-D

If This Was a Movie, I Would Rate It:  G.  Nothing objectionable here at all.



This is my second book read and reviewed for the Mount TBR Challenge 2018.

4 comments:

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)