Monday, April 23, 2018

Judging the INSPYs Again


Yup, I've been selected to judge the INSPY book awards again this year.  Like last year, I'll be judging the Mystery/Thriller category, which you know I'll dig.  The finalists won't be announced until next week, but they've got a nice page full of bios for all the judges up right here now, so you can go see who's judging what category.  

I really enjoyed this process last year, especially because it introduced me to some authors I hadn't read before.  I became such a fan of some of them!  So I'm eager to find out what the finalists are so I can dig into some more awesome Christian mysteries and thrillers.  If you want to see the longlists, they're here.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, I always thought judging people's work must be difficult. They're lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye! Yeah, it's not exactly easy. Especially since, for the INSPYs, there's a panel of 3 judges for each category, so we have to agree on what the winner will be. Last year it was easy to choose, but this year, who knows?

      I edited the literary magazine at my college for two years, way back when, which also involved judging and choosing which pieces to include. That was a little harder in many ways, cuz I knew most of the people submitting poems and stories! So I had to try not to let personal feelings about people influence whether or not they got included.

      Delete

What do you think?

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)